Sit on a cloud – Great Reno Balloon Race lifts off

 
Great Reno Balloon Race lifts off
Great Reno Balloon Race lifts off

 Great Reno Balloon Race lifts off

 
Aeronaut Mark Prothro and Dianne, his bride of 49 years, didn’t plan on joining the hot air balloon traveling circus, but they’ve been a part of it since the mid 1990s.
“Actually I wanted to get my license first, but I realized I didn’t have the temperament for it,” smiling Dianne Prothro said during the annual media day for the Great Reno Balloon Race at Rancho San Rafael Park on Thursday.
Mark Prothro said with a Southern drawl how he became involved in the sport of hot air ballooning.
“It was 1993 and we were living in Park City, Utah, and had a condo in the mountains that looked down on this small balloon festival. I’m an avid photographer and discovered if I sponsored a balloon I could ride in it and shoot photos. That got me up close and personal.

Read the rest of the story here.